Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Latin Translation?

I've had very little Latin in my college experience, and hope that someone with more knowledge of the language can help me out. I would like the translation for: A truthful and burdened heart walks strongly.

Thank you so much!!Latin Translation?
Translating word for word would give the impression to a Roman that you were describing a physical heart that was somehow walking the streets. Beware the metaphor!



Qui animum fidelem et oneratum habet, fortiter incedit.

Whosoever has a trusty and burdened heart, walks strongly.



"Incedit" gives the impression of a measured purposeful walk.

I prefer "Fidelem" as words like "verax" are less common.Latin Translation?
cor veraxque oneratumque fortiter ambulat = "A heart both truthful and burdened walks strongly"

No comments:

Post a Comment