Tuesday, January 24, 2012

What is the Latin translation for brothers until the end?

My brother and I decided we want to get matching tattoos and this is what we wanted to get, anyone have the translation in Latin?What is the Latin translation for brothers until the end?
When I first saw this, my mind jumped to an alteration of Catullus's famous phrase: atque in perpetuum, frater, ave atque vale, meaning, and in perpetuity, brother, hail and farewell. I thought "in perpetuum fratres" would be a cool tattoo, literally meaning, "perpetually/forever, brothers." Just a thought for a more poetic translation.What is the Latin translation for brothers until the end?
oh another silly Latin phrase casually tattooed on a couple of dorks...





fratres ad finem, literally



fratres aeterni "eternal brothers"



fratres ad infinitum "brothers to infinity"



fraternitas aeterna "eternal brotherhood"What is the Latin translation for brothers until the end?
Fratres ad finem



'Frater' is literally brother; I don't know if that's what you want.

Soci (pronounce 'soh-kee') is a word meaning 'comrades/buddies/best o' pals.' You could use that.

Soci ad finem

No comments:

Post a Comment