Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the actual Latin translation for the phrase, "Death Smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back"?

I'd really appreciate an actual translation because I need this for a tattoo. It is my favorite quote ever and I live by that saying. Thank you for taking the time to respond.What is the actual Latin translation for the phrase, "Death Smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back"?
Classified is a liar, that is straight from an incorrect translator, and munttik's link fails because it doesn't conjugate the words for you.
Mors subridet apud omnes, solummodo hominibus est subridere rursus.



Instead of "hominibus" (to men) the singular "homini" (to a man) can be used, but I rather like the dactyl rhythm especially of the second part.



For the same reason I also left out "nos" (us), because "omnes" already means "all men (humans)"What is the actual Latin translation for the phrase, "Death Smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back"?
The Latin version of that quote is "Nex Smiles procul nos totus , totus a vir can operor est smile tergum"



I know latin so im 100% sure its right ;) hope this helped.What is the actual Latin translation for the phrase, "Death Smiles at us all, all a man can do is smile back"?
word by word: http://www.archives.nd.edu/cgi-bin/looki鈥?/a>

No comments:

Post a Comment