Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the Latin translation for perusing revenge? Or a Latin Quote for Pursuing revenge?

I would like to know so that I can use it as a game scree-name. The translation dictionaries online have so many varying answers I am not sure what is correct. Also open to any other creative screen names that require translation. Will pick and use best answer. Thank youWhat is the Latin translation for perusing revenge? Or a Latin Quote for Pursuing revenge?
The first word for "revenge" given in my Latin-English dictionary is "ultio." Now, do you mean for revenge to be doing the pursuing, or is it begin pursued? For the former, "Ultio sequax" will do. For the latter, "Ultionem sequax" or "Ultionem persequens." Be aware that "sequax" is actually an adjective and "persequens" a present participle. If you want a gerund (noun form of the verb), there's a difficulty, because Latin gerunds have no nominative form. If you want to say "By pursuing revenge," it would be "Ultionem persequendo."What is the Latin translation for perusing revenge? Or a Latin Quote for Pursuing revenge?
VINDICO - I avenge, I take revenge

VINDICARE - To avenge, to take revenge

VINDICI - I have avenged, have taken revenge

VINDICAM - I will avenge, will take revenge
  • good makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment