Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the English to Latin translation for "In God I Trust"?

I am getting a tattoo and I need the phrase "In God I Trust" translated into Latin. All help is very much appreciated!What is the English to Latin translation for "In God I Trust"?
Go with "Deo Fido" not deo confido (which means to trust something to someone else) or anything else. Do not put the "in" before it either. It is unnecessary.
This is a bad site to ask for a tattoo translation because there are always people making joke replies or using online translators, which are almost never accurate. Look at how many different replies you've gotten, some of which weren't even in Latin. I think "In deo confido" is the best translation but you really should ask an expert to be 100% sure before you get the tattoo.What is the English to Latin translation for "In God I Trust"?
Go with LastUntaken's answer. He's absolutely right. (You could also say "Deo credo.")



Since a first person singular verb can have only one subject, it's not necessary or usual to say "ego" unless you want to emphasize it.What is the English to Latin translation for "In God I Trust"?
"In deo confido" is a little different from "deo confido" (more like "I trust God") but the idea is similar. "In deo confido" is the most common form of the traditional motto though. See http://www.websters-dictionary-online.ne鈥?/a>
In Deo credo.



or



In Deo ego credo.
In deo speramus, or In deo confidamus
Deo fido (or confido) - In God I trust. The 'in' is inherent in the verb.



Hope that helped.
Deo fido (or confido) - In God I trust. The 'in' is inherent in the verb.
Well, two options:



ego in deum credeo



in deum credeo



"Ego" means I but is understood, so you don't have to put it. But you can if you want. They both mean exactly the same thing. Good luck with the tattoo!
"In Deus EGO Fides"



"Upon God I Assurance" is the rough English translation.



Before inking yourself I'd say asking a Latin teacher or a Clergyman.
in deus nos fides
En dios yo confio
nosferatu
In Deo speramus
In Deus EGO fides

2 comments:

  1. I did In Deus Ego Fides on the inside of my arm and all the translations I looked up basically came down to that. Yes I dropped out of the Latin class in college because of certain reasons but I have it tatted on my inner arm. So, when I get pissed and raise my arms to my head I always see it and remeber why it's there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. In deus ego fides has two versions
    In God I trust of I have faith in God.
    I have it tattooed on my inner arm si I have checked it out well
    Good luck

    ReplyDelete