Friday, January 27, 2012

Can anyone help me with a Latin translation for a tattoo?

I'm getting my first tattoo in June. I want the phrase "there is more to life than just being alive." If anyone can translate that into Latin please help me out! Or let me know of someplace online that can translate it for me. Thanks!Can anyone help me with a Latin translation for a tattoo?
I don't know why folks are so arrogant and feel the need to tell everyone else what they should do with their bodies. What is it to them? Furthermore we are all connected to the Latin language and the Roman culture whether we like it or not.



Anyway I would go with this.



vita est magis quam solum vivere.



Life is more than merely to be alive.



Some folks like this as well and give an interpretation that has the same idea that you are going after.



Roman poet Martial:

Non est vivere sed valere vita est -

Life is not being alive but being well.

(life is more than just being alive)Can anyone help me with a Latin translation for a tattoo?
First off, don't get something you don't understand. Second are you even of Italian descent? If not why are you going to use a language you have no connection with, being Latin which was spoken by the Romans? Don't get something that doesn't belong to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment