Friday, January 27, 2012

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct Latin translation?

I want to get a tattoo and I want the words, Every Creature On This Earth Dies Alone. I just want to make sure the translation is correct. The translation I have is, Sulum Creatura In Is Terra Dies Unus.Can anyone tell me if this is the correct Latin translation?
The old Romans think different...

So is better to write...

* Omnis res creata supra hic mundum peret in solitudine "

** Omnis res creata orbis decedet in solitudine "

** In totus mundo homines in solitudine decedunt "

** Semper solitudo comitarit decessum homininorum "

** Semper mors soror solitudinis est. ""(everytime death is sister of (solitudine) I don't remember how say in englih "when a man is alone"..



Hallo! from francis -town of Florence -ItalyCan anyone tell me if this is the correct Latin translation?
This is not a correct answer: it contains a number of confusions. The way to say what you want to say is: "omnis creatura in terr芒 h芒c moritur sola" ("every creature on this earth dies alone").

Report Abuse

Can anyone tell me if this is the correct Latin translation?
No - that is not correct. I don't remember much about Latin, but I do remember that

* sentences end with a verb

* "Dies" in Latin does not mean "dies" in English (I think it means, "day")



Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment