Friday, January 27, 2012

Could someone please tell me the Latin translation for "Protector of Earth"?

Looking for the latin translation of "Protector of Earth". I'm looking for legitimacy, not inaccurate online dictionaries. Thus far, I'm guessing it'll look something like Praesul a Terra. Thanks much.Could someone please tell me the Latin translation for "Protector of Earth"?
Custos terrae = Protector of Earth



'Praesul a terra' does not work. 'Praesul' is very late Latin and was rarely used - and it doesn't really fit that well. 'A terra' means BY or FROM Earth, not OF Earth.
Praesul, was the name of the Salii chief, a dancer.

Protector comes from the Latin ! Earth is Terra (gen. terrae)

you may write: (1) "Protector Terrae"

Earth may also be translated "orbis terrarum" or simply "orbis"

2)" Protector orbis"

P.S. "a terra" means "from the earth"

classic latin would normally put the genitive before, "Orbis protector" or "Terrae protector".Could someone please tell me the Latin translation for "Protector of Earth"?
Patronus Terrae



Patronus is singular nominative (protector)

Terrae is singular genetive (of earth)



I wouldn't trust resr30. "A" is a preposition that is supposed to be used with ablative case which translates to "from."



Terrestris means "of the Earth." So, I suppose you could also use that.Could someone please tell me the Latin translation for "Protector of Earth"?
Patronus of Terra.

:)
Yes, you seem to be correct...



"Praesul a Terra," sounds like it would be correct. You might could also say:



Patronus a Orbis

Patronus a Terra

Praesul a Orbis





Hope I Helped!

XD

No comments:

Post a Comment