Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can anybody help me out with an accurate latin translation please?

I'm working on an ambigram at the moment and I've got my 1st part done but I need the latin translation for:



I will always be found



and



I can always be found



Thanks in advance =)Can anybody help me out with an accurate latin translation please?
For "I always will be found" [I have reordered the words for clarity], you can say either "semper inveniar" or "ego semper inveniar." [The subject "ego" is optional.]

"I can always be found" = "I always am able to be found." The Latin for that is either "semper inveniri possum" or "ego semper inveniri possum." [Again, the subject "ego" is optional.]



"You are not alone" is "Non es solus" [to a male] or "Non es sola" [to a female]. To either you may add the optional subject "tu."

"You'll never walk alone" = "You never will walk alone": "Numquam ambulabis solus" [male] or "Numquam ambulabis sola" [female]. Again, to either you may add the optional subject "tu."

[Note: I assume that the "you" is one person, so I have put these in the singular.]Can anybody help me out with an accurate latin translation please?
I apologize for any mistakes, I haven't done any latin in a month.

My parsing is shown below, feel free to message me if you think something is wrong and I will correct my mistake if I can.



For the latin verb "to find", I will use "invenire".



To find=Invenire in the 1st singular



Always=Semper



"I will be found" is future passive(?)=inveniar

(I think...this is where I may be wrong)

so...



I will always be found=Semper inveniar.







Now for "I can always be found"...this is difficult. Since "I can always be found" and "I am always found" have the same/nearly the same meaning, I will translate this as "I am always found". I apologize if this is incorrect.



Semper invenio.



I apologize if I am wrong. Hope this helps a little bit. :)
  • cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment