Friday, January 27, 2012

What is the correct Latin translation for "I love life"?

I am going to have this engraved on a Tiffany bracelet for my niece's graduation gift. I want to make sure I am using the correct translation. Thank you.What is the correct Latin translation for "I love life"?
amo vitam or vitam amo - both are correct as word order is not that important in Latin. So you can put it the way which sounds better for you when reading it.

I does not need to be translated as the form of the verb "amo" inludes it so "amo" already means "I love". You can of course put an "ego" in front of both sentences - which would also be correct but is absolutely not necessary - the more if space is a matter on the bracelet or if engraving is charged by letter ;-)
vitam amo



It is more common to find the conjugated verb at the end of the sentence, after the direct object.



vita, -ae (f.): live

amo, -are, -avi, -atum: to loveWhat is the correct Latin translation for "I love life"?
amo vitamWhat is the correct Latin translation for "I love life"?
amo vitam
i dont know
Ego diligo vita. thats the translation of "I Love Life." good luck! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment