Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Can anyone help with a latin translation for a tattoo idea?

I would like to get a tattoo on my arm in latin. The phrase I would like to get translated is "What would you do if you weren't afraid?" or something of a similar affect. Any help or advice would be appreciated as I want to be sure of the exact phrasing before I get the tattoo!



CheersCan anyone help with a latin translation for a tattoo idea?
"Quid faceres nisi timeres " is good if there is no more possibility for the person of not being afraid. It's a wish that can no more be realized.

But if you still hope she will not be afraid in the future, you'd better say : " Quid facias nisi timeas".Can anyone help with a latin translation for a tattoo idea?
"Quid faceres nisi timeres?" ("nisi" negates the protasis as a whole)

Or:

"... si non timeres?" (if you want to emphazise like "if you weren't AFRAID (but something else)?"

No comments:

Post a Comment