Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What is the latin translation for "All hope abandon, ye who enter in"?

I am reading Dante's Inferno right now and this passage is upon the gates of hell but I was wondering what this would be in latin (not italian). Thanks!What is the latin translation for "All hope abandon, ye who enter in"?
Of course, The Divine Comedy is written in Italian! But the latin translation follows:



-"Omnem dimittite spem, o vos intrantes".

or :

"Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes".What is the latin translation for "All hope abandon, ye who enter in"?
I'd like to help ya, but it's been so long time since I've learned latin (back in '77). Still, I can translate it to another latin (romance) language, romanian: "Toata speranta abandonata, totusi cine intra?"What is the latin translation for "All hope abandon, ye who enter in"?
Omnes relinquite spes, o vos intrantes
  • mario badescu
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment