Friday, January 27, 2012

English to Latin translation - "Seize the day because remember, we die"?

I need to translate "Seize the day because remember, we die" into Latin. I know that "Seize the day" is "Carpe diem" and "Remember, we die" (Or along the lines of that) is "Memento Mori"

I need to know what the word "because" is, or an alternative of this sentence.



Please only answer if you know Latin (Fairly well) and that it's not just an internet translation because they can't be trusted. Thanks.English to Latin translation - "Seize the day because remember, we die"?
Carpe diem quod meminindus ("you" is male) /memininda ("you" is female) tibi moriebimur.



I must apologize in advance if this turns out not to be correct--it's one of the most grammatically complicated sentences that I have ever seen.



Literally, my translation is as follows

Seize the day because (this is correct.) it must be remembered by you ("remember" is an unusual verb form and I don't know if you can turn it into a "must" form (gerund). You certainly can't do a double command.) that we will die. (this is correct.)English to Latin translation - "Seize the day because remember, we die"?
because means porqueEnglish to Latin translation - "Seize the day because remember, we die"?
yo soy muy guapo

No comments:

Post a Comment