Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What is the English to Latin translation for "My strength is from heaven"?

From my research i have found that the translation is "caelitus mihi vires" although i want to verify that is the correct translation.What is the English to Latin translation for "My strength is from heaven"?
Meus vires est caelitus.
(1) This answer is so incorrect that it is astonishing that anyone would vote for it. For one thing, the subject is plural, but its modifying adjective and the predicate nominative are singular. In addition, "caelitus" is not classical Latin, but late Latin.

Report Abuse

What is the English to Latin translation for "My strength is from heaven"?
(2) Finally, "vires" means "forces," the plural of "vis" ("force"), as in "vis inertiae" ("force of inertia").

The correct answer is "robur meum de caelo est" ("my strength is down-from heaven"). Or, "robur meum ex caelo est" ("my strength is out-of [i.e., on-the-basis-of] heaven").

Report Abuse

What is the English to Latin translation for "My strength is from heaven"?
That is wrong. That literally means "(a misspelling of heaven) heaven to me strength."



Caelum is the typical latin word for heaven. Mihi should be an adjective here, but it is being used as a pronoun for some reason. There is no from heaven at all....

ALSO, vires is the plural of strength so that would literally be strengths. The singular form is vis.



ANYWAYS, here is the right translation



vis mea est caelo

strength my is from heaven.



If you can tolerate an even longer sentence technically you should add an ex in front of the caelo. Otherwise, it may be considered as ablative of place where instead of ablative of separation.



FINAL ANSWER:

Vis mea est ex caelo



VISMEAESTEXCAELO

No comments:

Post a Comment