Wednesday, January 18, 2012

What is the correct latin translation of the slogan "Thru music, Christ"?

I am designing a plaque for my church's music department and the translations I am getting from the internet dictionaries do not feel right. The one I like the best is Christus ictus musica but I don't like the translation of ictus. Does someone have a better translation?What is the correct latin translation of the slogan "Thru music, Christ"?
Per cantionem, Christus.



Per means "through," which takes the accusative. Music is "cantio," but in the accusative, it is "cantionem." Christ is simply Christus.



The comma in my translation is optional.



You could also use aida's suggestion of "musicam," which simply means music. "Cantionem" means song, singing (in reference to birds), playing, or instrumental music.
"Ictus" is actually a word of violence. "Per" is the word for "through".



Christus Per MusicaWhat is the correct latin translation of the slogan "Thru music, Christ"?
Per musicam, ChristusWhat is the correct latin translation of the slogan "Thru music, Christ"?
You are get detail information in the following webiste. This website is provide very relevant information.



http://www.translation.pk/



I feal this website is very workable and useful.

No comments:

Post a Comment