Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I need a latin translation for "Death is only the beginning"?

I've been searching through various translation sites and have come up with different answers on all of them. I would really like to have this correct as it will be used in a tattoo. While I could pass it off on people who don't know latin I'd rather have the people who see it and know latin to get the meaning. I'm looking to have the phrase "Death is only the beginning" translated to english, any help would be wonderful and greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time in advance.I need a latin translation for "Death is only the beginning"?
you have a few options.

"mors inceptio solum est" would be my pick because it's more dramatic. this literally means "death is only the inception."

"mors initium solum est" is more like "death is only the start," as in "ab initio," lit. "from the start."

there are a few other nouns that could stand for "beginning," but initium, initii (2nd declension neuter) is the one you'd find in a dictionary. (it also wins awards for having 4 Is in the genitive singular.)

but don't take my word for it! no, really, don't. before you have these words permanently emblazoned on your body, you might want to consult a more reliable source than yahoo answers, at least as a backup.I need a latin translation for "Death is only the beginning"?
If u want a good translation just put the mummy on Spanish subtext. BTW Latin is a dead language as in boomed speaks or writes it anymore only pros who study itI need a latin translation for "Death is only the beginning"?
You can find it at google translate

No comments:

Post a Comment