Wednesday, January 18, 2012

I am going to get a tattoo Tuesday and I need the Latin translation for "Second Chances"?

I am getting a tattoo on my left wrist of a white dove and underneath it I want the latin phrase for second chances. I keep finding different translations and I need some help finding the correct one. Thanks!I am going to get a tattoo Tuesday and I need the Latin translation for "Second Chances"?
Rule Number One: Never get a tattoo in a language you haven't mastered. Question Number One: Since you don't understand the language, how will you know which translations are correct and which will get you laughed at? There are plenty of mischief-makers on YA deliberately giving wrong answers just for the fun of it. Will you trust your wrist to them?
before you do that, read the sites below:



http://www.ayushveda.com/womens-magazine鈥?/a>



http://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/news/nat鈥?/a>I am going to get a tattoo Tuesday and I need the Latin translation for "Second Chances"?
owa tana siamI am going to get a tattoo Tuesday and I need the Latin translation for "Second Chances"?
He wants a translation not a lecture RE. I am majoring in Latin (Classics), and I am 100% positive of my translation. I swear it



fors, fortis f. is the latin word for chance.

"Fortes" = chances



duus, dua, duum would be the cardinal numbers (counting) so you want to go with secundus, -a,-um.

secundus when looked up in a dictionary comes up with the following definitions:

following, next, second (in time, in rank); backing, favorable, supporting, secondary, etc.



The proper translation would then be

Secundae Fortes

Second Chances

No comments:

Post a Comment