Friday, February 3, 2012

Where can I get a Latin Translation?

I need a latin to english translation for a two page document. It is very old latin. at least 600 years old. It has many old latin words, and an online translator will absolutely not work.Where can I get a Latin Translation?
i'll gladly translate it for you for FREE. what you should do is scan or photograph the document and then post it somewhere online where i can access it. my credentials are as follows: 4 years of college latin, 2 years of latin tutoring at the college level, 2 summers teaching latin privately for pay, and about 200 lines of translation a night for homework. Also, you could then post the scanned document on the aforementioned latin forum, b/c i'm sure there are people there who would like to have a look as well.



Let me know by posting a response. I don't really feel comfortable giving out my e-mail address here.
You could have a look and see if you can find it in Perseus:



There are dictionaries and morphological tools if you want to do the translation yourself, or the text itself might actually be there. It is a very comprehensive resource.



http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/Where can I get a Latin Translation?
Yes, you did just say no online translators.





I'd try this Latin FORUM. There will be real Latinists waiting to help you:



http://latinforum.org/Where can I get a Latin Translation?
go to google and click on the language tools pick the language.

No comments:

Post a Comment