Friday, February 3, 2012

What is a Latin translation for.. "Though I have fallen from your grace, you are my heart."?

I realize there are probably going to be a few smart asses that try to steer me wrong. But I want to include this in some body art. So if someone can help.. I would apreciate it.What is a Latin translation for.. "Though I have fallen from your grace, you are my heart."?
quamquam gratia tua delapsus sum, nihilominus mea es anima



[although I am fallen from your grace, nonetheless you are my soul]



Latin says 'anima' [soul] where English would normally use 'heart'.



I would get both of these translations checked by someone reliable before you use either for body art. Or if that is a problem, post just the Latin somewhere, and see what translations back into English you get.What is a Latin translation for.. "Though I have fallen from your grace, you are my heart."?
Quamquam de gratia tibi rutus sum, mei animo es.



So that you know, gratia, the final a in that word should have a long mark over it. There are other words that should have long marks, but that one matters the most.



My sentence reads:



Although I have fallen from the grace of you, you are the heart of me.



The reason why I used "of you" and "of me" instead of your and my, is because the Latin pronouns don't really translate that way. If you have any questions, please ask.What is a Latin translation for.. "Though I have fallen from your grace, you are my heart."?
LD is 100% correct.

No comments:

Post a Comment