Friday, February 3, 2012

What would the latin translation for "I write to be free" be?

I know it's a purpose clause and is technically supposed to be "I write in order to be free" so that would be "scribo ut......" and i don't know how to say the rest. It would be in the subjunctive, but i need some help with the "free" part.What would the latin translation for "I write to be free" be?
Yes, it is a purpose clause, tense by sequence. Since the main verb is present tense, it's primary sequence, which means the second verb is in the present subjunctive.



Scribo ut liber(a) sim.



or perhaps



Scribo ut me liberem ( I write so that I may free myself.)What would the latin translation for "I write to be free" be?
Scribo ut liber [or libera] sim. Literally, you'd be saying, "I write that I may be free."

No comments:

Post a Comment