Friday, February 3, 2012

Can someone please check my Latin translation?

I would like to translate the following expression into Latin: "In the name of the DNA, the RNA, and the protein, this is the knowledge of life who/that takes away the ignorance of the world."



This is what I have, but am not sure whether it's totally correct or not. "In nomine DNA, RNA et protein, hoc est cognitus vitae, quitolis ignorata mundi."



Can you please help me make sure this is declined and conjugated correctly? I really appreciate any help.Can someone please check my Latin translation?
Well it's kinda complicated since dna, rna and protein didn't exists in latin and haven't got their own case, but I try:



In Dna, Rna, proteinaque nomine, haec (sorry I didn't understand what is "this" attributed to...so I don't know what gender is) vitae scienza (or cognitio) est, quae ex mundo ignorantiam abducit.



I didn't use "et" to connect dna,rna,protein;

I used the suffix "-que" that is a stronger "et" form. It is used to connect words with the same role in the sentence (gramatically) or have a similiar meaning.

Using that I gave to dna and rna (that have no cases) an ablative form according that to proteina, I translated protein, with proteina according to the Italian form ('couse Italian is the closest modern-language to Latin).

No comments:

Post a Comment