Friday, February 3, 2012

Can I get a English to latin translation?

I need the latin word for "anoint," or a Latin synonym. Thanks.Can I get a English to latin translation?
ung(u)o ung(u)ere unxi unctus 3 (v. t.): to oil, grease, anointCan I get a English to latin translation?
If you mean the adjective/noun, it's "Unctus" referring to one man, "Uncta" to one woman, "Unctum" to one thing, "Uncti" to two or more men, "Unctae" to two or more women, "Uncta" to two or more things.



If you mean the verb, it's "Ungere", like in Italian.



You should tell me the sentence you want to translate, though: in Latin, unlike English and many other European languages, the ending of the word changes according to the function it has in the sentence:

"Of the anoint" = Uncti

"To the anoint" = Uncto

For the anoint" = Uncto

and so on...Can I get a English to latin translation?
The infinitive is "inunguere"--third conjugation. If you need a particular form for what you want to say, just ask again.

No comments:

Post a Comment