Friday, February 3, 2012

I need a true and reliable English to Latin translation for a tattoo design, can anybody help me please?

I need two phrases translated for tattoo designs and it is essential that they are correct before it's permanently etched onto someone's body! Any help would be much appreciated. The 2 phrases are 'against the world' and 'love conquers all' Google translate is so unreliable I do not trust any translations on there.I need a true and reliable English to Latin translation for a tattoo design, can anybody help me please?
If you don't trust Google (and you are absolutely right not to), why would you trust what random unqualified strangers might answer on YA? How will you know whether what is posted is correct? How will you know whether any given preposition takes the accusative or the ablative case? And if you did know that, how would you know whether the case ending was properly formed or not? Usually more wrong guesses pop up than accurate translations. How will you distinguish between them? I have often seen five or six errors to every right answer. Rule Number 1: "Never get or do a tattoo in a language you don't understand."
Very wise, RE, but Doethineb and Ryan are both right, although I find hers (D's) somewhat preferable.



On an entirely different subject, RE, see Othello, Act IV, Scene 2, lines 90-91.I need a true and reliable English to Latin translation for a tattoo design, can anybody help me please?
"adversus mundi"



and



"Omnia vincit amor"I need a true and reliable English to Latin translation for a tattoo design, can anybody help me please?
Contra mundum

Amor omnia vincit.

No comments:

Post a Comment