Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Can anyone help me with an English to Latin translation?

I am looking to get a tattoo of a cross with angels wings on the bottom of my back with a latin phrase arched over the top of it. I was thinking something along the lines of 'forever watching over us' or ' Guiding and protecting us always'. I would be grateful for the latin translation of these or alternatively any ideas for similar meaningful phrases that could work? Thanks for all your help in advance!|||So that you can be sure that whatever you get is 100% grammatically correct you can use the Bible Vulgate to find passages that might fit your saying.


One that I think would work is the one where Jesus says: "Behold, I am with you for all days."


Ecce ego vobiscum sum omnibus diebus





Here is a link to the an online Bible vulgate, you may find it useful: http://www.latinvulgate.com/





The phrase Guiding and protecting us always would be


Nos semper regens defendensque





Keep in mind that the last e's in bot Reg*e*ns and defend*e*ns are long e's, the "ens" the e is long there.|||'dux semper custosque'





Forever (our/my understood) leader and guardian.|||You might say: Nos semper custodit. (He/she/it) is always watching over/protecting us.

No comments:

Post a Comment