Friday, February 3, 2012

What is the Latin translation of "Catullus a Lesbia discessit antequam eum odisse inciperet illa."?

Hi I'm having trouble translating this sentence. Specifically I do not know what to do with eum b/c it is an accusative singular. So far I have, Before Catullus went away from Lesbia...

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right and don't know where to go from here.



ThanksWhat is the Latin translation of "Catullus a Lesbia discessit antequam eum odisse inciperet illa."?
Yep - it's acc singular - him.



Catullus left Lesbia before she (illa) was beginning to hate him (eum).What is the Latin translation of "Catullus a Lesbia discessit antequam eum odisse inciperet illa."?
As the direct object of 'odisse', 'eum' is indeed an accusative singular.



Translation: Catullus departed from Lesbia before she could begin to hate him.

No comments:

Post a Comment